The Mission Hills Town Council puts on an annual 4th of July celebration in Mission Hills with a neighborhood parade that ends up in Pioneer Park. The party continues with games for the kids and live music throughout the afternoon as families picnic in the grass. It is a great way to celebrate the holiday with your neighbors. At night, residents head to the various neighborhood vista points to watch the fireworks light up the bay. There is also a BBQ Competition during the 4th of July Celebration and Mission Hills Town Council members will get to enjoy free BBQ. Click here
for more details on the BBQ Competition. A special thanks to Whole Foods Market, Sadie Rose Baking Co and Phil's BBQ for sponsoring this year's competition!
2012 Schedule of Events
- 10:30am Parade Starts at Pioneer Park - Decorate yourself, bikes, wagons, animals, etc., in patriotic colors and outfits and parade through Mission Hills. A classic Model A will lead the parade this year!
- 11:00am Parade Returns to Pioneer Park - Awards presented to the best costumes and most patriotic dog.
- 11:15am Games and Prizes - Prizes given to winners and participants.
- 11am-2pm BBQ Competition - Free sandwiches for all Mission Town Council Members - join day of for $20/family!
- 11:45am National Anthem
- 12-2pm Have your picnic lunch and enjoy a concert by the band G String Daddies.